Everybody’s looking for the magic pill that will allow them to shed body fat without any effort. By now, you’ve probably realized that it doesn’t exist. What does exist are a range of vitamins and supplements that, if used smartly, can speed up your fat loss when combined with clean eating and regular exercise. Of course, there are also a whole heap of products out there that are bogus. In this article, we sift through the market to identify the best vitamins and supplements that really will help you to lose weight.
|Top Vitamins / Supplements for Weight Loss||Why It Is Best||Our Rating|
|Dr Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil||Wild Fish sourced, No after taste, Molecular distillation||★★★★★|
|Optimum Nutrition Glutamine||Pure glutamine, variety of sizes||★★★★★|
|Dymatize ISO Whey Protein Powder||25 grams protein, low calorie||★★★★★|
|Viva Natural High Potency Vitamin D3||5,000 IU, high quality organic coconut oil||★★★★★|
|Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder||Premium plant sources, boosts energy||★★★★★|
|Bulk Supplements Pure L-Carnitine Powder||Pure carnitine, no fillers||★★★★★|
- 1 Dr Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil
- 2 Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 Optimum Nutrition Glutamine
- 4 Dymatize ISO Whey Protein Powder 100
- 5 Viva Naturals High Potency Vitamin D3
- 6 Bulk Supplements Pure L-Carnitine Powder
- 7 Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
- 8 Vitamin and Supplement Buying Guide
- 9 F.A.Q
- 10 Our Verdict
Dr Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil
- 2000 mg per serving
- Sourced from wild fish
- No after taste
- Molecular distillation for enhanced purity
Omega 3 fatty acids are the single most important supplement that you can take for overall health and weight loss. Dr Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil is the best omega 3 that we have found and is an Amazon Choice product. In every Dr Tobias softgel, you get the full benefits of triple strength omega-3 fatty acids sourced from wild fish. The fish oil is provided at the optimal absorption aiding ratio of EPA and DHA. The enteric coating on the softgel protects against any fishy after-taste
Dr Tobias softgels have been purified with molecular distillation. Each serving provides you with 2,000 mg of fish oil with 1400 mgs of omega-3 (800 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA). All of these factors combine to make Dr Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil our ‘go to’ weight loss supplement.
Our Favorite Thing . . . There is no odor with this Fish Oil!
Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Sourced from the best plants
- Free recipe book
- Boosts energy
- Stimulates fat loss
Green tea has tremendous health benefits, with weight loss due to its EGCG content a key one. Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder is our favorite green tea product because it is produced using only the best source materials – green tea leaves that were grown in the shade, dried and then pounded into a thin powder. This Matcha tea is created from the youngest leaves from the best parts of the plant.
With your green tea powder purchase, you get a free recipe book that contains 50 great Matcha recipes. Matcha tea will give you an energy boost, revving up the metabolism and stimulating fat loss.
What we like most . . . uses only the freshest, youngest parts of the plant!
Optimum Nutrition Glutamine
- Pure glutamine
- Variety of sizes
- Respected company
Glutamine is a key muscle building supplement. The more muscle you have on your body, the higher your metabolism and fat burn. That makes glutamine an important part in the fat loss equation. The best glutamine that we have come across is Optimum Nutrition Glutamine. It is a simple product that provides you with pure glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in the human body. This pure source of glutamine comes in four unflavored sizes; 150 g, 300 g, 600 g and 1 kg. With each serving being 5 grams this gives you thirty servings on the smallest size and 200 servings on the largest.
Great because . . . it provides pure, 100% unadulterated glutamine!
Dymatize ISO Whey Protein Powder 100
- Low calories
- Great flavors
- 25 grams of protein per serve
- 2.7 grams of L-Leucine
- less than I gram sugar
Protein powder has long been thought of as great weight to gain muscular body weight. Only recently, though, have people began to appreciate that it is also an effective aid to fat loss. That’s because the body burns more protein than fats and carbs during metabolism. In addition, muscle burns more energy at rest than fat does (five times more!) . So, more protein means more muscle and more muscle means less fat. We love Dymatize ISO Whey Protein Powder because it provides you with a clean, low calories source of quality protein and comes in some great flavors.
Each serving of Dymatize provides you with 25 grams of hydrolized 100% whey protein isolate. This fast digesting hydrolysed protein source is available in a huge range of delicious flavors. Each serving contains 5.5 grams of branch chain amino acids, with 2.7 grams of L-Leucine in order to support activation of muscle protein synthesis. There is less than one gram of sugar in each serving.
Our Favorite Feature . . . Hydrolized protein for greater bio-availability and faster absorption!
Viva Naturals High Potency Vitamin D3
- 5,000 IU per serve
- Uses high-quality organic coconut oil
- Made in USA
Vitamin D is important for fat loss because, when you don’t have enough of it, the levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH) which encourage the body to convert sugars into fat rather than energy, are increased. So, if you increase your Vitamin D intake, you will encourage fat loss. Our favorite vitamin D product is Viva Natural High Potency Vitamin D3. It provides you with 5,000 IU per serve. Unlike many leading brands that deliver their vitamin D in low-quality soybean oil, Viva Naturals Vitamin D3 uses high quality, non GMO organic coconut oil, whose MCT’s make it easier for your body to absorb.
This product is made in high-quality US facilities. This pure vitamin product delivers the pure vitamin D that you need.
Great because . . . Superior delivery system!
Bulk Supplements Pure L-Carnitine Powder
- Pure carnitine
- No fillers
- Factory sealed foil zip pouch
Carnitine is an amino acid that is import to the muscle building process. If you don’t have enough carnitine coursing through your body, you will be likely to store energy as fat rather than burning it. We really like Bulk Supplements Pure L-Carnitine Powder. This is a simple, pure, inexpensive and reliable source of this important amino acid. It is a clean powder with absolutely no additives or fillers. The product comes in a factory sealed foil zip pouch. It has been lab tested for verification and guaranteed purity.
We love it because . . . no fillers, flavors or additives!
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
- 24 grams of protein per serve
- 5.5 grams BCAAs
- 4 grams Glutamine
- Great range of flavors
- Mixe well
The protein found in Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 1oo% Whey is among the most popular and highest quality on the market. It provides you with 24 grams of whey protein per serve. You also get 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs along with 4 grams of glutamine. It is 90% pure protein by weight, one of the highest on the market. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard mixes very well with no clumpiness or residue. It also comes in a large range of tasty flavors.
Best feature . . . fortified with BCAAs and Glutamine!
Vitamin and Supplement Buying Guide
There are a lot of products on the weight loss market that promise a lot but deliver very little. That means that, as a consumer, you need to be discerning so as not to throw your money away on placebo products that will do you no good at all. The following guidelines will help you to be that discerning shopper . . .
- Read the label carefully. Check for wording like ‘pharmaceutical grade’, as this is not an FDA certification.
- When buying fish oil, rather than fixating on the total amount of fish oil on the front of the bottle, take a look at the amounts of EPA and DHA listed on the back.
- You shouldn’t be paying more than 5-6 cents per 500 mg of fish oil.
- Be aware of asterisks on the labeling of probiotics. Some companies will list a certain number of CFUs (colony forming units) only to state in the asterisk that this was the number at the time of manufacture. The amount at the time of purchase may be far less than the listed amount.
- When shopping for vitamins and minerals do your research first. Know what the recommended dosages are. This will ensure that you don’t get a product that is either over or underdosed.
- Be aware or proprietary blends, especially in protein formulas. They do not divulge how much of each ingredient has been included, so you do not know if it is meeting daily allowance recommendations.
What are the best vitamins to lose weight?
A vitamin is a natural substance that is contained in food and that helps the body to function. When it comes to losing weight, the key vitamins are the following . . .
- The amino acids contained in protein powder. Protein requires more energy to digest than carbs or fats and so it has a higher thermic effect. It helps to build muscle which requires 5 times more energy to maintain than does fat. Whey protein isolate is the best type for fat loss.
- The antioxidant EGCG has been shown to be an effective fat burner due to its ability to boost your metabolism during exercise. One of the best ways to take it is in the form of Matcha tea.
- Fish Oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown, among their other numerous benefits, to stimulate the enzymes that initiate the fat burning process.
- Vitamin D has been shown to assist your body to burn fat rather than to store it. Vitamin D also helps the body to absorb calcium, which also has weight loss benefits.
- Some recent studies have shown that calcium has fat loss benefits, though researchers are not sure exactly why as of yet.
- Carnitine is an amino acid that has a regulating ability on the body’s ability to metabolize fats and carbohydrates.
Can you lose weight without exercising?
Yes, but your goal should never be able to lose weight. You should only be interested in losing body fat and to do that effectively requires a balance between clean eating, smart supplementation and regular exercise. That combination will allow you to shape your body the way that a sculptor carves a masterpiece from a slab of stone. There is no magic supplement that will allow you to get rid of body fat while sitting around all day watching Netflix.
How can I lose weight off my belly?
Many people think that you can spot reduce fat from your body. This is not true. It is not possible to target fat loss from your stomach, butt, hips or anywhere else. Accumulated fat is stored energy so when you burn it off, it comes from all over the body. That means that, in order to lose fat from your stomach, you need to create a caloric deficit that requires the body to call upon its stored energy in order to fuel your energy needs.
That caloric deficit should be created by a combination of caloric reduction and exercise. Don’t reduce your caloric intake by more than 500 calories below your daily maintenance level, however, as this may see you losing muscle tissue. Your exercise also does not have to be focused on your stomach in order to lose the fat from that area. Ab exercises will strengthen your core muscles, but will not get rid of the fat that covers them.
What are the 3 most important supplements for fat loss?
If you were to just take 3 supplements per day, they should be an omega-3 fish oil supplement, a whey isolate protein powder and a glutamine supplement.
From all of the weight loss vitamins and supplements that are engulfing the market, we have identified the seven that give you the best bang for your buck. Our favorite fat loss supplement is Dr. Tobias Fish Oil supplement, which provides you with 2,000 mg softgels that are sourced from wild fish and provides no fishy aftertaste. It has also undertaken the process of distillation for enhanced purity. Fish oil will help to speed up your rate of fat loss along with a myriad of other health-giving benefits. f you could only take one supplement for fat loss, this should be it.